“The leading distributor of semiconductor components dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, General Assembly Holdings, announced that its subsidiary World Peace has launched a dead-angle disinfection touch interface design based on NXP (NXP) MKL16Z64VFT4 MCU.
On June 7, 2021, the leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, General Assembly Holdings, announced that its subsidiary World Ping launched a dead-angle disinfection touch interface design based on NXP (NXP) MKL16Z64VFT4 MCU.
Figure 1-The Display board of the General Assembly Shiping launched a design solution for the non-dead corner disinfection touch interface based on NXP products
In the post-epidemic era, people are paying more and more attention to the cleaning and disinfection of objects. Taking the contact operation interface as an example, the operation interface of most devices adopts multi-curved buttons or membrane buttons. However, the multi-curved buttons are not easy to clean. The membrane buttons require additional mold opening, which is costly and has a single button shape design.
The non-dead-angle disinfection touch interface design solution launched by the United Nations General Assembly Shiping uses a mutual inductance sensor architecture to design the Touch Pad, and the Touch Pad can be measured through the MCU touch sensor interface TSI, without the need to mount an additional Touch Pad Driver IC. In the design of the circuit board, a circular plane or a polygonal plane can be used, which is easy to clean and disinfect, and it is easier to design with the appearance of the product.
Figure 2-Block diagram of the design of the non-dead corner disinfection touch interface based on NXP products launched by the General Assembly Shiping
The MKL16Z64VFT4 MCU equipped with this solution uses the Arm Cortex-M0+ core and has a variety of flexible low-power modes, including a new calculation mode, which can reduce dynamic power consumption by placing peripheral devices in an asynchronous stop state. In terms of functional design, this solution can be used as an extension development application with the gaming mouse and earphone solutions developed by Shiping to customize the Touch Pad function. Take Headset as an example, through I2C Port transmits the data scanned by the Touch Pad to peripheral devices, so as to realize functions such as song playback/stop, song switching, and volume adjustment.
Figure 3-Customize the Touch Pad function to play/stop the song
Core technical advantages:
• Provide relevant software and hardware design for rapid development by customers;
• Mainstream small ultra-low power consumption microcontroller QFN 48pin;
• The touch Panel can sense a distance of 0～10mm;
• Low-power hardware touch sensor interface TSI, to measure Touch Pad without additional Touch Pad Driver IC, you can enjoy both MCU and Touch Pad • Driver IC functions to develop products.
• Through the 90nm TFS technology, the energy-saving architecture is optimized for low power consumption;
• The power consumption is lower than 40μA/MHz in ultra-low power operation mode;
• With complete state retention and 4.5μs wake-up function, static power consumption is less than 2A;
• Cortex-M0 + processor, operating frequency up to 48MHz;
• Memory options 128KB Flash and 16KB RAM;
• Nine low-power modes are available for switching, corresponding to applications to improve MCU performance or reduce power consumption;
• 4-channel DMA controller, supporting up to 63 request sources;
• Low-power hardware touch sensor interface (TSI);
• QFN32 (5x5mm), QFN48 (7x7mm), LQFP (10x10mm).